Thomond Village is a landmark building and marks the start of the development of the North Bank Campus which is linked to the existing campus by a new River Shannon crossing.
The apartments vary in size providing 6 bedroomed units for undergraduates, 4 bedroomed units for postgraduates and 2 bedroomed units for families. A number of 1 bedroomed units are provided for visiting faculty/staff. Students share a fully equipped kitchen and lounge area in each apartment. A number of apartments are designed to accommodate students with impaired mobility.
Thomond Village facilities include:
- Individual apartments with 2/4/6 large study bedooms with ensuite facilities for increased privacy. A fully fitted kitchen/living room is provided, equipped with cooker, fridge freezer and comfortable lounge area.
- Electric Heating
- Cable Television
- Prepaid card telephone in each apartment
- Central refuse collection point serviced weekly
- Full maintenance service
- Regular security patrols at night
- Enclosed area for bicycles
- Residential Village Manager
- Computer link to the Internet via UL network