University of Limerick Foundation – General Statement
The University of Limerick Foundation fully respects an individual’s right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of donors, potential supporters and University of Limerick alumni, for whom we hold information, and of those who share information with the Foundation. Any personal information, which is held by the Foundation, will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 and the national Data Protections Acts 1988-2018. This statement is not deemed to be a contractual undertaking.
University of Limerick Foundation – Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains the privacy guidelines that the University of Limerick Foundation has adopted. These guidelines relate to the information we collect and hold on our Foundation and UL Alumni Association shared data management system, and through the Foundation’s own websites hosted under the ulf.ie, ulfoundation.ie and ulfoundation.com domains only. The Foundation is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of external websites.
Our shared data management system is hosted on infrastructure within the University of Limerick’s network and is protected by access controls. Access is limited to individuals who need to see and use the data to carry out their duties, and access rights are restricted according to individual job roles in order to ensure that users only see information that is relevant to them.
Information we process
UL Foundation processes information we collect, or which you provide to us, in pursuit of our legitimate interests in supporting the University of Limerick achieve its goals. These include:
• contacting you, if required, in order to respond to any communications you may send us;
• keeping you updated about the UL Foundation’s various activities (unless you have indicated a preference not to receive such information, in which case we will remove you from our communications list;
• sending you tailored proposals, appeals and requests for donations including direct marketing and e-mail fundraising;
• wealth analysis and research to improve our understanding of our alumni and supporters, inform our fundraising strategy and target our communications more effectively;
• administrative purposes, to manage our ongoing relationship with you and to provide a record of your interactions and contributions to the Foundation and the University of Limerick (this includes activities such as processing donations, recording invitations, visits, meetings or events).
When UL Foundation shares your Information
We may share categories of alumni data (excluding financial or gift information) with the University of Limerick and its faculties, schools and departments. We work closely with the UL to provide its alumni and our supporters with a coordinated and centralised communications approach through UL Foundation. Any transmission of data to or from the Foundation and the University about its alumni is managed through agreed processes, which comply with relevant data protection legislation.
Additionally, we may share data (which does not include financial data) on a considered and confidential basis, where appropriate, with:
Affiliated organisations and Individuals which support and provide services to alumni and supporters, such as:
• University Clubs and Societies;
• volunteer partners closely related to us (e.g. development and advisory board members, alumni societies, alumni group representatives, reunion class champions);
• educational units associated with the University that award scholarships.
Third parties engaged by the University to provide fundraising and communications related services, such as:
• Third party agencies who provide us with data about alumni and supporters;
• consultants advising us on individuals’ capacity to donate to support UL’s fundraising strategy and an individual’s potential to donate based on a considered judgement;
• to enable more effective communication with you, we may engage with other contractors who provide services to us that improve our engagement with you or who may provide services to you on your behalf;
• banks and payment service providers who carry out financial transactions on behalf of UL Foundation;
• Office of the Revenue Commissioner for tax purposes, auditors for financial compliance.
Processing of technical information on website
The Foundation will not retain any personal information about web visitors to this website without permission, save in cases where the University is required by law to do so, such as the investigation of a criminal offence by An Garda Síochána, or a breach of the University’s web-related policies, procedures or guidelines.
Technical details in connection with visits to this website may be logged on the University’s server for the University’s accounting and auditing purposes (e.g. Computer IP number). It is the policy of the University not to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only for statistical purposes.
It should be noted that technical details, which the University Foundation cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 and the national Data Protections Acts 1988-2018.
The University of Limerick Foundation has adopted this Privacy Statement for its website. The Foundation reserves the right to review and amend this statement at any time without notice in light of legislative or other requirements and the statement should be accessed regularly for the most up to date Privacy Statement.
Further Information and Contact Details
Further information on data privacy rights is available on the University’s website www.ul.ie/dataprotection and the website of the Data Protection Commissioner www.dataprotection.ie.
Please contact the Foundation regarding queries relating to the processing of personal data on this Website. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +353 61 337087