Analog Building

The University of Limerick’s newly constructed innovative science and engineering building will be named the Analog Devices building in honour of US-headquartered semiconductor company, Analog Devices (ADI), following a major gift by the company to the UL Foundation.
The building was constructed as part of the ground-breaking Bernal Project which involves the recruitment of 10 world leading professors, a start-up seed fund to support their teaching and research activity, as well as construction of the new advanced research building on campus. Of the €54million project, 30% of the cost is being met by state contributions and University funding with the remaining 70% being funded philanthropically, including €2 million from Analog Devices for the research building.
Pic Sean Curtin Fusionshooters

A new state of the art research facility (7,459 m2) was completed in August 2015. The building is called the Analog Devices building in recognition of a significant donation from Analog Devices.

Designed by leading architects, RKD, Dublin and constructed by PJ Hegarty Ltd., Cork, the Analog Devices Building at UL was constructed as part of the ground-breaking Bernal Project which involved the recruitment of 10 world leading professors, a start-up seed fund to support their teaching and research activity, as well as construction of the new advanced research building on campus. Of the €54million project, 30% of the cost was met by state contributions and University funding with the remaining 70% being funded philanthropically, including a significant donation from Analog Devices for the research building.

The building houses fully-equipped laboratories to enable teaching and research by the Bernal Chairs. In addition to significant laboratory space the building also provides offices and teaching facilities including seminar rooms and a 200- capacity lecture hall.

The building was named “Irish Building Project of the Year” at the Irish Building and Design Awards 2016. It won the online vote against some very worthy competitors for the title including: the Shelbourne Hotel Restoration; the N11 Arklow /Rathnew PPP / N7 Newlands Cross Flyover; ‘One Albert Quay’, Albert Quay, Cork City Centre and the Greenway Hub Building at Grangegorman Campus.