Established in memory of Intel colleague Paul Whelan, this memorial scholarship program aims to increase awareness and encourage a new generation of high-achieving you people to take up the challenge of a career in technology.
The ‘Paul Whelan’ scholarship awards are structured as follows:
- Scholarships for first year students of a relevant degree courses valued at €3000 per annum, for remainder of their undergraduate courses.
- This scholarship program includes opportunities for co-op placements and/or summer internships in the Intel Shannon workplace.
- To assist with career progression and further education, each scholar will be assigned a mentor from the Intel staff who can assist and provide advice on managing their academic career.
Criteria for Selection
- Students must be currently enrolled in year one of the LM118 (BEng Electronic and Computer Engineering) or LM051 (BSc Computer Systems) degree courses in the University of Limerick.
- Written proof of registration in the university must be provided.
- Candidates must maintain a minimum of a 3.20 QCA in their most recent end-of-year examinations.
- Recipients must be willing to undertake their co-op placement or internship in Intel Shannon, where applicable.
- Selection will be by application form and interview of candidates.
- Final decision will rest with Intel Shannon.